As you know, the “Web” is all about interaction, opinion, and a “right” to individualism. However, without a few ground rules, the associated “conversation” can turn ugly, and quickly!
With that in mind, here is my comments policy. By posting on my Blog, you agree to the following:
1. You may comment without registering. However, I do retain the right to “screen” all comments as necessary and appropriate.
2. You may post anonymously. I don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. I may change this rule if it is abused.
3. You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are that you are not alone. Others are likely thinking likewise. Therefore, I would rather receive your comments on my blog than via e-mail. It is a better use of my time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar e-mails.
4. You may disagree with me. However, I ask that if you disagree with me – or anyone else, for that matter – please do so in a way that is respectful. In my opinion, there is way too much “ignorance” and/or “hatred” in the public arena. I won’t promote it here.
5. I reserve the right to delete any, and all, comments. Although that rarely happens, this is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog, not mine. Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my opinion, (a) hateful; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates my sense of order and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
6. You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any, and all, liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you will retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
7. You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this comments policy will facilitate that.